Yes! Anyone can make an account!
Design Magazine is the annual creative writing and art publication of Iowa Wesleyan University, offering students, faculty, and staff the opportunity to publish their original pieces. Design Magazine has been released annually since 1955.
Yes! When you submit a piece to Voices of IW, you can also submit it to be considered for Design Magazine. Just select the checkbox before you submit your piece.
Submission does not guarantee acceptance into the publication. Additionally, being accepted for publication to the Voices of IW site does not guarantee acceptance into Design Magazine.
All submissions for the current academic year must be received no later than March 15. Any pieces received later than March 15 of the current academic year will be considered for the following year’s publication.
The Voices of IW Site allows users to submit their original writing and other content (e.g. comments on content, art, photography, videography, sound captures, participation in communities) that they have created for consideration in connection with the Voices of IW Site and any related programs (“User Submissions”). User Submissions remain the intellectual property of the user and you retain all ownership rights in your User Submissions. In order for Iowa Wesleyan University to make the User Submissions available on the Voices of IW Site, you agree that, by posting your User Submissions on the Voices of IW Site, you grant to Iowa Wesleyan University an unconditional, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully transferable, perpetual worldwide license to use, publish and/or transmit, and to authorize third parties to use, publish and/or transmit your content in any format and on any platform, either now known or hereinafter invented. This license also grants Iowa Wesleyan University the right to sublicense your User Submissions to other users of the Voices of IW Site to permit their use of those User Submissions in the manner in which the Voices of IW Site from time to time permits User Submissions to be used (e.g., sharing, reviewing, and commenting on User Submissions).
The above license granted by you in User Submissions will terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your User Submissions from the Voices of IW Site. We may refuse or remove User Submissions for any reason and without notice. All User Submissions are deemed non-confidential and Iowa Wesleyan University shall be under no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of any information, in whatever form, contained in any User Submission. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, Iowa Wesleyan University shall not modify the terms of this paragraph without providing notice to users. By submitting any User Submissions, you consent to the following rules:
- User Submissions must not infringe on the copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property rights of any third party. If your User Submission is not your original work, you must obtain all necessary permissions from any persons who contributed to or otherwise may control rights in all or part of the User Submission to submit the User Submission in accordance with these Terms.
- User Submissions must not violate a third party’s right to privacy or publicity. You must obtain all necessary permissions from any individuals identified in or implicated by your User Submission, including those shown in photographic content, and, in the case of minors, also from their parents or legal guardians, as appropriate. The only exception being images provided by Iowa Wesleyan University for the purpose of publication on the Voices of IW Site.
- User Submissions should relate to the content on the Voices of IW Site and should be intended to add to the discussion and community on the Voices of IW Site.
- User Submissions must be respectful of others. Epithets or other language or material intended to intimidate or to incite violence are strictly prohibited. Your User Submission may not include any negative comments that are connected to or seem to be connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or physical or mental handicap or that are defamatory, slanderous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit.
- User Submissions may not contain any commercial material. You may not solicit funds, promote commercial entities, or otherwise engage in commercial activity through your User Submission. Soliciting other users to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization is expressly prohibited.
- Do not impersonate any other person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Remember that the Voices of IW Site is public. Do not post personal information (e.g. password, phone number, address, email address, or other personally identifiable information or contact information) in these areas. All User Submissions must comply with these rules and any additional guidelines posted on the Site, as applicable.
- User Submissions do not represent the views of Iowa Wesleyan University or any individual associated with Iowa Wesleyan University, and we do not control this content. In no event shall you represent or suggest, directly or indirectly, Iowa Wesleyan University’s endorsement of User Submissions. Iowa Wesleyan University does not vouch for the accuracy or credibility of any User Submissions and does not take any responsibility or assume any liability for any actions you may take as a result of reading User Submissions on the Voices of IW Site.
- Through your use of the Voices of IW Site, you may be exposed to Content and User Submissions that you may find offensive, objectionable, harmful, inaccurate, or deceptive. There may also be risks of dealing with underage persons, people acting under false pretense, international trade issues, and foreign nationals. By using the Voices of IW Site, you assume all associated risks.
Any queries regarding copyright and your content should be directed in the first instance to email@example.com.