*Picture from this week’s Wednesday Wesleyan Walk. Want to join the next one? Look at the stress-free faculty and staff events section below.
The HR department is happy to announce our June Employee of the Month, Kelsie Young! Kelsie was nominated by Jim Collins from the ITS department. Kelsie has been a diligent worker in the Business Office as the Manager of Student Accounts. She started at Iowa Wesleyan last July and has brought exceptional dedication and service since her first day. Find remarks from fellow colleagues in regard to Kelsie’s outstanding work below:
Kelsie is always a friendly and helpful person. She is a hard worker and always has a bright attitude while at work (even though she doesn’t have windows in her office). She also keeps a neat and professional standard.
Kelsie’s friendly attitude is always a joy to work with and talk to when seeing her at campus events. She is always willing to volunteer and give a helping hand!
The work that Kelsie has done on holds has been amazing. The reduction in the number of students “in limbo” from past years has been shockingly good.This plays a major role in retention and brings in money but also simplifies all sorts of processes like allowing students to participate in registration days and reducing guesswork in predicting future enrollment. There have been numerous colleagues vocally expressing how astonished they are to see such low numbers in holds.
Needless to say, Kelsie has shown her commitment to the success of Iowa Wesleyan through her hard work and performance. Congratulations and keep up the great work, Kelsie!
Advising Tips and Tricks:
- Terms that are left to sign up for:
- Term B Face to Face: WS 180: Learning and Serving the Community
- August 15th through August 21st (7 by 7 course) taught by Nathan Daniels and Nikki Gerling
- Service learning credit
- Hands on experiences working with Old Threshers setup
- Students still looking for additional courses to take for general education requirements or electives for the fall? Check out the courses below that still have spaces open:
- ART 203: Art Appreciation
- ENG 201: Lit for Life
- ENG 247: Imaginative Writing
- HIST 125: US History Survey
- HIST 173: World Civilizations
- IS101S: Spanish Life and Culture
- MUS 225: Survey of Musical Literature
- OAS 247/347: Peer Leadership
- PE 141: Athletic Coaching: Football
- PE 147: Athletic Coaching: Basketball
- REL 201: Introduction to the Hebrew Bible
- REL 202: Introduction to the New Testament
As a part of our increasing cyber security stance, Ross Donelson has become our official liaison with the local FBI Field Office in Omaha, Nebraska. Creating a liaison was one of the suggestions from EIIA, our cyber security insurance provider.
Ross’ background makes him ideal for this role. Before getting his Master of Information Technology degree in 2018 and becoming an IT Infrastructure Administrator, Ross was the Chief of Police at the Richland Police Department and a Sergeant in the Army National Guard serving in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom.
The Enrollment, Marketing & Communications Division held their annual planning retreat on June 23. As part of the day, the staff did a team building exercise focused on creative problem solving & collaboration as they were asked to build the tallest marshmallow spaghetti tower. It was a fun competition that got a little sticky!
IW’s volleyball program hosted a volleyball camp in Ruble last week (June 21st-24th) for grades 4-12.
⦁ August 9th at 12pm in Social Hall (Brown Bag Lunch): Learn how to use the marketing portal and learn more about marketing from the marketing team.
⦁ Faculty Workshop Week: August 15th through August 19th, 2022
If you have a great active teaching strategy, news article, or professional development idea, please send your idea to Megan Hills at firstname.lastname@example.org and they might be displayed in next month’s newsletter.
© Iowa Wesleyan University, 601 N.Main St, Mount Pleasant, IA 52641